Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have bought a reconditioned golf trolley and been charged

I have bought a reconditioned golf trolley and been charged tax on it, is that correct.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.

If the business is VAT registered then VAT is charged on this sale. (how much is dependent on whether they trade within the second hand margin scheme or just under the normal VAT scheme)

Let me know if I can assist further, or, if you have all that you need, it would be appreciated if you could rate me for the level of service I have provided (or click accept)

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

But if you have more questions - then do feel free to ask