Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

It seem from your answer that I gain nothing re Taxation

Customer Question

Hello, It seem from your answer that I gain nothing re Taxation from living in Thailand!
What is the point of filling in Formp85?
HMC&E are aware that I live in Thailand as they have my address here?
Best regards
Allan
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately not regarding your property income. The P85 formally notifies the tax authorities of your movement and then changes your residential status. Once classified as non resident you may spend up to 91 days in the UK in any one tax year without breaching this status. The fact that your tax office knows you live in Thailand is all very well, but the P85 goes to another branch of HMRC so your own office may or may not be operating tax correctly.