How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13888
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Have question about personal tax

Customer Question

Hello. Have question about personal tax
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello. I'll try to be as short as possible. I run few large youtube channels and earning from advertisements shown on my videos. I have LTD me as director and my wife is secretary. Technically I work on my own and mrs looking after kid :) Paying myself and mrs basic salary and im getting monthly dividents. Personal tax isnt issue. But corporate tax is killing me. Last year i was 12k and looks like this year it will be over 20k. So im considering set up company in Dubai, Free Zone with 0% coorp tax and 0% personal tax. Good thing is, I dont have to actually be there to run company. It can be done remotely. BUT i wanted to find out how it will work out if WE stay in UK. How tax will affect me if on this side I will work as consultant or whatever for Dubai company. And how I can make this happen. In Theory its beautiful, I get basic salary in UK (from own company in UAE) paying NI and stuff but same time I can withdraw money from business account without paying corporate tax since LTD is in 0% tax zone.
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.


This is all true however you have to remit money from the company into the UK which has been earned in the UK and will also have bills arising in the UK to pay UK expenses for the company so HMRC will argue that you have a UK company running regardless and their expectations of you are to then set up a company in the Uk soa s to not be treated as evasing tax.



Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Good morning. UK company would be closed in case I set it up abroad. Plus I dont really have much of expenses. Im not trading. Technically im providing content and google puts adverts on :) Im being paid by company based in Hong Kong already.
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.


Its irreverent whether you close the UK company or not - HMRC would still treat you as trading within the UK as you carry out the work here so the company taxes would also rem***** *****able to UK tax jurisdiction



Related Tax Questions