Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My accountant has disappeared! phone line is dead, office is

My accountant has disappeared! phone line is dead, office is closed with his name removed from above the door. He has all my paperwork, receipts etc. I am a new company, recently registered with companies house, he advised me to use his office address for any company correspondence. Please help!!
Expert:  Sam replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question and U can understand how worried you however

1) Get in touch with Companies House and HMRC Corporation tax /PAYE?Self Assessment to advsie the situation so that all outstanding and future correspondence comes to you

2) Re order bank statements from the time you started trading so that you can see the income earned to date and expenditure incurred and then decide

3) Whether you reengage a new accountant to manage your Companies House and HMRC obligations OR you manage this yourself.

But at this stage as you are anew company - this is managed easily without too much detriment to you or your company.

Let me know if I can assist further