bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

My client trading as a "one man" Ltd Co has a contract to

Good morning
My client trading as a "one man" Ltd Co has a contract to work on shore in Holland. He will have to fund his own hotel & meal costs.
I've looked at HMRC flat rates and they seem to show 72 Euros per day for meals and 150 Euros for overnight accommodation. These are far in excess of the quotes he's had for B & B etc.
Can he sign a contract with his company to be paid these rates and extract a large amount tax free from his company? There's no question about Non Residency - he's definitely not.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

It would appear that he can providing, of course, that his Dutch employers are prepared to accept such high subsistence rates. I have not taken into account any Dutch taxation that such payments might attract.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - thanks you've helped me before.

I think I didn't make my query clear unfortunately.

He is emplyed by his own UK Ltd Co who are invoicing the Dutch company for his services on a daily rate.

It is the UK company who would be paying his expenses

George

That doesn't seem a problem George again providing that the Dutch company will accept those high rates and one keeps within HMRC limits.

Thank you for your excellent support.