bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I had a benefit review on 6 October 2016 for income-related

Customer Question

I had a benefit review on 6 October 2016 for income-related employment and support allowance and I forgot to tell the Local Service Compliance Officer about about Christmas and birthday money I received and two tax refunds as I was in a nervous state. Can I resolve this problem simply by contacting my Local Service Compliance Jobcentre by phone and declaring this income?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Everybody makes mistakes from time to time, even Compliance Officers! I would, as you suggest, sort this little matter out, but not by telephone. Put it in writing so you have a hard copy of what has been notified. If you use the phone there is always the danger of the agent getting hold of the wrong end of the stick if they can even find the stick at all! So, simply write a letter notifying the true position.

I do hope that I have shown you a way forward in this matter.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Great advice, thank you.

Thank you for your support.

Delighted to have been of assistance and thank you for your kind bonus.