taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

My son is unemployed and hasn't paid income tax for 15 years

My son is unemployed and hasn't paid income tax for 15 years - or National Insurance, and is now very worried as he needs to get a job. He inherited money from his father and has been living off that but now it's running out! Help, please.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you for your question..

If your son has not paid any income tax or national insurance for 15 years as he is unemployed, he should not be worried about that.

I presume he will be looking for work now that the inherited funds are running out. All is has to do is to register at JobCentre and explain his situation.

More information on how to contact Jobcentre Plus and jobseekers allowance can be found here

https://www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus/how-to-contact

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.