bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am on a permanent tax underpayment adjustment for over 10

Customer Question

I am on a permanent tax underpayment adjustment for over 10 years now. Am supposed
to have paid up since 5/04/2008, there is a letter from HMRC to confirm this. Please
advise.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Firstly check HMRC's figures for accuracy. If they are incorrect, a not unusual occurrence, then write back pointing out the errors. If they are correct then bite the bullet and pay up promptly. Amounts owning, if less than 3K, may be adjusted and recovered through your tax code.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My second question is what is the HMRC mailing address

The address given on HMRC's letter confirming the amount owing. These days you will almost certainly find it is a South Coast address, a BX9 post code. The second part of the post code directs any correspondence to the correct office.