How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15946
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

We are selling 2.6 acres of land for development and have

Resolved Question:

We are selling 2.6 acres of land for development and have the chance to buy 1/2 acres with an agricultural building thereon............... would we get Roll Over relief? Part of the building has planning to convert into a house
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

You will only get bausiness asset rollover relief if you sell an asset which was being used in a business within three years of the purchase of a new business asset. Take a look at HS290 here for more information.

I hope this helps but let me kn ow if you have any further questions.

TonyTax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you