taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Is a UTR assigned to a Limited Company or only to an

Is a UTR assigned to a Limited Company or only to an individual? For setting up a Ltd Co bank account, the bank require a UTR, is this my own personal UTR or would the Ltd Company I have just registered with Companies House have its own?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

LTD company is assigned a UTR in its own right. It is 10 digits.

When you set up a company at Companies House, HMRC is notified of it and then a few days later the company would receive a letter from HMRC advising it of the UTR.

It may say xxx xxxxx xxxxx (the first three digits stand for Tax office dealing with the company corporation tax and the next 10 digits are the UTR number.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes