Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I need to submit a self-assessment for the first time. I am

Customer Question

Hi, I need to submit a self-assessment for the first time. I am employed, I am not a Director, I have received less than 300 GBP foreign dividends in the tax year, I have some company benefits but I do not have any other income. It seems from the first calculation that I might owe more than 5000 GBP to HMRC, I would like to check why is that and if that is right.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am still missing my P11D from my employer, so I need to add more information in the HMRC tax return forms.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 11 months ago.

It would make sense to wait until you have the P11D details which you will be able to get from HMRC if you call them on the number here so that we have a full picture of your income and benefits. However, if you can give me the figures you do have, I'll take a look at them.