Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am currently living in Australia moved from the u.k almost

Customer Question

Hi, I am currently living in Australia moved from the u.k almost 3 years ago. I am at a advanced stage of my permanent residency and need to obtain my end of year tax certificates from u.k 2006-2014.i only have a certain amount of days to get the information back to them, is there a possibility anyone could help? Please, regards Shaun
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question

HMRC can provide information from the last 4 years but this only takes you back to 2012/2013 - and you require back to 2006 - so the only other possibility is from whomever employed you for those years, although I should advsie that employers are only obliged to retain this information for 4 years also, but this would be the quicker route as HMRC take up to eight weeks to respond to requests for Pay information and you advsie you only have a limited time.

Let me know if I can assist further