Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I keep getting bills for not filling in a tax return i

Customer Question

I keep getting bills for not filling in a tax return i stopped working self employed in 2009 haave lived on widowed parents benefit and child tax credits. I informed hmrc over and over again that I'm not working. Should I still have to file these tax returns.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me which tax years you are receiving "bills" for please. By "bills", do you mean tax bills or penalty notices for non-submission of tax returns? Did youi complete a tax return for the period 6 April to the date your self-employment ceased in 2009?