taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am in the RAF and I served in Scotland since 2003 but by

Customer Question

Hello I am in the RAF and I served in Scotland since 2003 but by tax code has never stated that I am a Scottish resident. Please advise me of my right and what my correct tax code should of been and how I can claim a rebait.Kind regards
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: What details do you require?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you for your question..

The changes to tax codes for Scottish taxpayers came into effect from 6 Apr 2016 with the introduction of Scottish rate of income tax.

Prior to this, tax code system in whole of the UK was same.

More information on Scottish income tax rates and thresholds can be found here

https://www.tax.org.uk/media-centre/blog/media-and-politics/scottish-income-tax-rates-and-thresholds-%E2%80%93-what-do-changes-mean

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.