bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

How can I inform the tax office that I do not have to pay

How can I inform the tax office that I do not have to pay tax since I am receiving a small pension from Germany
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts om Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Your pension from Germany is taxable in the UK. If you spend more than 183 days in the UK in any one tax year you are liable to UK taxation on your world wide income. Any tax deducted by Germany is, under the Double Taxation Convention between the UK and Germany which precludes the same income stream being taxed in both jurisdictions, allowed as a tax credit against any UK liability. You must self assess for UK taxation every year unless HMRC tell you to the contrary as even HMRC do not want to process tax returns which yield no revenue.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** knew about this.The pension is a very small amount I receive from working 1947-1949 before I came to England 1949 lived here ever since. My accounted worked out my taxes for the past 2 years, result nill to pay. However he doesn't know how to explain the result to the gov,
Paula

I am sorry Paula, but I simply do not understand why this has to be explained to the government. The income is simply declared on the annual self assessment tax return and that is all there is to it. No other explanation is needed.

bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 day ago.

Thank you for your support.