How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4348
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have and LTD company. How can I get another person listed

Resolved Question:

Hi... I have and LTD company. How can I get another person listed as a directer in the company ASAP. what do i need from them and how do i get them listed? Can I list an international person? Can I give up all rights to the company to someone else?Thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

The director of an UK company need not be a British Citizen or even an EEC citizen nor need they reside in the UK or the EEA. You appoint a new director by a resolution at a General meeting. If you own all the shares in this company you can call a Meeting immediately [in re Oxford Motor Company Ltd [a meeting held impromptu on the concourse of Paddington Station]] to authorise the appointment.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It does.. but I meant the physical process.. what steps do i have to undertake to appoint a new director? send a letter? or is there a website?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 months ago.

Hold a General Meeting and appoint, then register the appointment with Companies House on a Form AP01. Supplies of this form are available from that organisation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can i give that person 50% stake in the company on that form or is that anohter form?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 months ago.

No, the stake is merely reported in the company's annual report to Companies House.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your support.