bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have client who runs a company making and developing

I have client who runs a company making and developing online courses.
They want to use a large garden or hotel grounds to do photo shoots.
I assume that any rentals involved would be a legitimate cost of the company for tax purposes.
However they have a very large garden at home and may propose to have some landscaping done so that they could use the garden for a photo shoot.
Can they legitimately have the company pay for this work and or can they charge the company for use of the garden for the photoshoot.
What is the best way of doing this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Yes, the rentals would be allowable against Corporation Tax (CT). It would also seem appropriate for their garden to be remodeled and used as a background, particularly if the overall cost to the company is less than the current arrangements. Not charging the company for use of the garden as opposed to letting it undertake the enhancements will preclude any necessity to register for self employment to account for fees charged. It is a quick and simple solution to stop the treacle running off the spoon, so to speak.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Thank you for your support.