taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

My husband and I have been non Uk resident for more than 20

My husband and I have been non Uk resident for more than 20 years however are returning to live in the UK next year in March /April 2018, my question is will we be liable to pay tax on any money/savings transferred from UAE to UK on our return, it is money earned and saved here in the UAE where we are currently resident
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 29 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

You will not be liable to UK tax on any savings you transfer to the UK from UAE on your return as this sum was accumulated abroad whilst you remained non resident in the the UK for tax purposes.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thats a relief, Thanks for your advice, it's what I thought but wanted to confirm !

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.