Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I left the UK in 2000, i did not file a P85. i have been non

Customer Question

i left the UK in 2000, i did not file a P85. i have been non res since, and remain non res to date. last year i took two actions (1) purchased property in my name, this is rented and (2) set up a company which acquired two properties, these are not rented.i am aware i need to file a tax return for the rental income from my personal property. i also probably need to make some form of declaration for the company i set up.i am keen to regularize my affairs - inform revenue i am still non res, i have income in the UK i wish to declare. i have sought advice previously, one established firm who charged by the hour for cutting and pasting extracts from HMRC website!looking for a pro. who can take this on and be pragmatic.
Expert:  Sam replied 18 days ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 18 days ago.

HI

You need to be aware that we are merely an advisory service and cannot represent you in this and you would need to seek representation from a UK based accountant (Perhaps if you come to visit the UK) to make a full disclosure under the private lettings scheme HMRC currently are offering and if you have set up a company then I would assume you registered with companies house and have been issued a form to fill in for HMRC - and as you are not actually trading anything or earning any money from this should have requested that this company remain dormant - this then negates you need to submit either company house or Corporation tax returns. However its very strange that you have two properties just sat in a limited company - as if you are not renting thse out - then this may raise questions from HMRC - so be prepared

I am sorry we cannot fully help you - but we not represent customers through this medium

Do let me know if I Can be of any furtehr assistance