bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

HY Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please

Customer Question

HY
Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i would like to know i buy in estonia goods seconds hands phone ipad etc got in in france and resell in french website like ebay amazon my accounter is not sure if i can use reverse shemes
Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help youi with your question.

You can only use the reverse charge scheme if you are selling to an individual or an organisation registered for VAT in their own country. If you are selling to individuals this application is a tad unlikely. Inter EU sales ate standard rated.

I do hope that you have found my reply of some assistance.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
in wich case we apply reverse vat ? i dont understand nothing; why to pull full vat on goods old from 10 years
i buy 100 resell 120 i have to pay to france 24e of vat + shipping cost + charger im loosing almost 20e in this example;
i dont any salary since 4 years how can i make money in second hand goods and what to do ; it's written evry whre you buy second hand goods you use reverse vat

Remember to state on the invoice words "Subject to Reverse charge" or similar, state the buyer's VAT no. on the invoice and ensure you have evidence of export. Remember I originally advised you that this can only be done where the purchaser is VAT regidtered.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
On my invoices from my supplier from Estonia appear my vat number and
Its vat number . Hy import phone then sell to client of
Amazon. In my invoices from where I buy goods no vat appear only reverse vat. So because it's second
Hand phone I can use margin vat in
My french déclaration same if Isell goods directly to a company in France why I couldn't apply margin
Vat. It's still second hand
Phone

I am sorry, but I cannot assist you with French VAT beyond the very basics. French taxation is so complex and so constantly changing that the use of a trusted, local practitioner is essential.