taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have a limited company which in year ended 30/04/17 only

I have a limited company which in year ended 30/04/17 only had income from a rental property.
Previously there was income from another scource.
Can I still claim expenses in the accounts other than those that relate to the let property.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

The company can claim all bonafide business related expenses in the accounts notwithstanding the fact there was income from one source only. There are general admin expenses and overheads that are deductible.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes