bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am on employment and support allowance which is

I am on employment and support allowance which is contribution based. I have a allowance of £108.05 income related.This benfit was formley the incapacity benfit.I get this due to the fact I am blind. My wife gets my blind tax allowance,she is in full time employment.I am led to belive my allowance is non means tested and the disabitily living allowance I get also is non means tested.?WE intend to rent out our flat as both our names are ***** ***** deeds. on the profit we make per month,would this affect my benfit allowance payments? This is not classed as a "working " income ? even though I am not working manually.thank youandrewI
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 19 days ago.

Hello Andrew, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Blind Persons Allowance is a tax free benefit.

Net rentals received are usually taken into account when means testing.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
the employment and support allowance I get as termed income related of £108.05 per week. Would the rental income profit reduce myemployment and support allowance if declared ?t
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I will sort out the details in order,sorry this is due to my eyesight problemsI have just signed up to the free trail. are phone calls a extra cost?

Yes it would once your overall income exceeds 8K per annum.

Yes, phone calls are extra.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
do you mean overall income of £8,000 on the actual rent of the flat or on £8,000 on profit ?

Mens testing of benefits starts if your net income exceeds 8K pa.

Thank you for your support.