Mike
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How to reprogram new key remote for Toyota Hilux Vigo 2005

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you on this..

Please tell me exactly what you have done / tried so far --

Too - please give me the Full reg number of the vehicle in question..

Is this a new key or what is the situation?

Rgds, MIKE...............................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Reg. No. F13GJT - Have tried the key in ignition, 5 times locking and unlocking repeated etc. one system was provided by Autokey Squad but nothing has been successful

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The first attempt was a 9 step procedure which I could write here or a 5 step provided by Autokey squad

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This key was purchased recently from Toyota as a blank key. A locksmith cut and programmed this key for the truck for the immobiliser and said the remote for the door locks could be located on the internet which we have not found.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

Thank you for your reply...
Our posts just crossed - as you have now answered re the key.

So now is it that the key wont operate the CDL - "locking" - or the immobilser - or both?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just the door locks

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Ray -

I cant get that reg number to come up Im afraid..

Its not a problem though but these changed the systems entirely in 2005 - so I just need you to tell me, is it an actual key you have there -with 2 buttons and an led on it - or is a "fob" you have ?

Once I know that , I can give you the correct procedure -

Rgds, MIKE................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike,

Its a key with three buttons, two of which are lock and unlock and the third is the alarm which flashes when pressed. Hope this helps.

Ray

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Ray -

Thank you - in that case yes, its the key with alarm one - I know the one.

Ok - I will give you the proper Toyota procedure as follows -

Two things to note - If it doesn't work - try it a couple of times... Often its "operator error" , we all do it .. and it takes a few goes to do it...

The other is - If you cannot get it to work at all - whatever... then you will have to have it done with plug in Toyota equipment. We see this on occasion - but do it exactly as follows first -all being well, it will be ok for you.

Here is the method for you :

- with alarm

• Close all doors.
  • Insert key into ignition switch.
  • Wait 5 seconds.
  • Within 10 seconds:
      • Switch ignition on and off 4 times.
      • Switch ignition ON.
      • Ensure SECURITY LED illuminates.

• Within 30 seconds:
      • Open and close driver's door.
      • Switch ignition OFF.

• The horn will sound and indicators will flash once.
  • Within 30 seconds:
      • Open and close driver's door once to program a new key code whilst retaining the original codes or twice to program a new key code whilst erasing the original codes.
      • Switch ignition ON and OFF.

• Horn sounds and indicators flash, once or twice depending which mode has been selected.
  • Simultaneously press and hold key lock and unlock buttons.
  • Press key lock or unlock button for a minimum of 1 second and release.
  • Within 3 seconds:
      • System should now lock and unlock vehicle.

NOTE: If system locks and unlocks vehicle twice, programming procedure has not been completed. Repeat button procedure.

• If required repeat button procedure to program remaining keys.

NOTE: To exit programming mode: Open driver's door.

NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed.

Thats the end of the procedure , let me know how you go.

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

>> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again Mike,

Many thanks for your advice but unfortunately no matter how many attempts were made, we were unsuccessful. On visiting a Toyota dealer today, he said all codes are British codes and they advised us to contact a 'grey' importer as these vehicles were originally for the Thailand market. Any further advice on just who that would be would be very much appreciated.

Ray

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Ray -

Thank you for your reply...

In that case then Ray - I would suggest the next best step would be to contact a good local Auto Locksmith - even a Mobile one as sometimes they are better equipped being on the road - If you have a good one near you , they should be able to help you Ray. The only other option, all other avenues exhausted, would be to have to renew the whole system which obviously you would want to avoid - so I would suggest to do that first as above -

I hope that helps you further Ray -

Best Rgds, MIKE.