Hello again Ray -
Thank you - in that case yes, its the key with alarm
one - I know the one.
Ok - I will give you the proper Toyota procedure as follows -
Two things to note - If it doesn't work - try it a couple of times... Often its "operator error" , we all do it .. and it takes a few goes to do it...
The other is - If you cannot get it to work at all - whatever... then you will have to
have it done with plug in Toyota equipment. We see this on occasion - but do it exactly
as follows first -all being well, it will be ok for you.
Here is the method for you :
- with alarm
- Close all doors.
- Insert key into ignition switch.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Within 10 seconds:
- Switch ignition on and off 4 times.
- Ensure SECURITY LED illuminates.
- Within 30 seconds:
- Open and close driver's door.
- The horn will sound and indicators will flash once.
- Within 30 seconds:
- Open and close driver's door once to program a new key code whilst retaining the original codes or twice to program a new key code whilst erasing the original codes.
- Switch ignition ON and OFF.
- Horn sounds and indicators flash, once or twice depending which mode has been selected.
- Simultaneously press and hold key lock and unlock buttons.
- Press key lock or unlock button for a minimum of 1 second and release.
- Within 3 seconds:
- System should now lock and unlock vehicle.
NOTE: If system locks and unlocks vehicle twice, programming procedure has not been completed. Repeat button procedure.
- If required repeat button procedure to program remaining keys.
NOTE: To exit programming mode: Open driver's door.
NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed.
Thats the end of the procedure , let me know how you go.Let me know if you need anything else on this - >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..
Best Rgds, MIKE. Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.