Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

this morning when i start the enginee and i found my munlfuction

Customer Question

this morning when i start the enginee and i found my munlfuction light on and ABS light so what should in do?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The ABS warning light means there has been a fault picked up somehwere on the abs system ie: either a wiring problem / faulty wheel speed sensor or current fault with the main abs control module and stored the related fault - the malfunction light on aswell will most likly be on as a consequence of the abs system fault - the best solution really unless there has been work done recently on the brakes etc in which the garage concerned would need to re-check over..Is to have the abs system interogated for fault codes - this should help highlight exactly where the problem is and what needs to be done,depending on the equipment they use they maybe able to hook the machine up and drive the car to help pin point it.sometimes it could just be a case of faulty speed sensor or the sensor itself just needs cleaned up/trigger ring etc..i do hope this helps