indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

D4D T3 2L Previa 04 Cuts out when cold. Engine mgt light

Customer Question

D4D T3 2L Previa '04
Cuts out when cold. Engine mgt light comes on. Always restarts ok and runs normally until next time it cuts out. Occasional the engine light will extinguish but back on again next time it cuts. Fault occurs very occasionally when up to normal running temp but very frequently when cold.

Toyota forum has a number of identical fault reports so I conclude that someone, somewhere has solved this problem.

Can you HELP!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Sorry taken so long from one of us to get to you.
I have seen that a few experts have checked your question out ,but thought they could not help you ,as in some cases you have to be at the car with testing equipment to see what your problem is .

First i would be careful with forums, as in some cases the answers are just guesses,
you will end up in replacing parts with out any good results .

What i can do to help is advice what your best option would be .

In a case like your with the check engine light coming on when the engine is running makes the diagnostics easy,.

Why easy ,

Well all you have to do is have an diagnostic scan tool hooked up and have the management system checked for malfunction codes ,once you have the codes this will let you know what is causing you this problem , so you can also do a good and sure repair .

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me if needed.

Kindest regards Greg.