Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hello, Can you advise me please if it should be necessary

Customer Question

Can you advise me please if it should be necessary to replace all four discs and pads after 31,500 miles driving a Toyota Corolla ? We are being advised by an independent engineer.
XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.
hello David

if the car has been used for a lot of town stop start driving then yes its entirely possible that it would need a set of new discs as well as pads

however £200 for the entire job sounds a little steep as a pair of new front discs is £50-60 and pads are another £40 and the job is done in less than an hour so I'd enquire what their labour rate is as that doesn't quite add up

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your reply. That was very useful.

However they are quoting £200 for front and £200 for rear (£400 total) so I guess you are saying this is well over the top ?. So will the the work take a total of two hours then ?

David

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.
Hello David

my reply was for just 1 axle so I'd say to do just the fronts is about £160 so to do both ends it shoudl be about £320 ish and yes 2 hours is plenty of time to do a disk and pad swop

I'd ring around the local Kwik fits garage to give you a better idea