Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi. I have a 2002 mk3 mr2 and I cannot disarm the alarm. The

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2002 mk3 mr2 and I cannot disarm the alarm. The key fob opens the door ok and the car starts ok but the alarm keeps going off. Any thoughts please. Nick
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Nick,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Think I may have sorted the problem but please leave open for the moment.

Nick

Hello Nick,

Thanks for letting me know. In the meantime as requested I will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. However, should your situation change, please let me know.

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

I'd try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm