Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2003 Landcruiser that has an intermittent problem

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Landcruiser that has an intermittent problem with acceleration. You push the pedal but it does nothing and then it seems to clear and lurches forward. It's not all the time and seems to be worst in third and fourth gear. The fuel pump has been replaced but it hasn't stopped the problem. Have you any idea what it might be?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Which engine do you have fitted and is the check engine light "ON" when the engine is running .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No check engine light on at all. Sorry, I am a typical female when it comes to cars. Not sure what info you want on the engine. I can tell you it is a LC3 D-4D if that is what you mean?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi Sheryl .

Was the fuel filter replaced when they replaced the pump .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the filter was done first and when that didn't work they replaced the pump.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi Sheryl .

I will opt out and see if we have a good diesel expert for your car problem .

Rgds Greg
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Sheryl,

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you please just cancel the question. Thank you.

Sheryl Hay

Hello Sheryl,

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will go ahead and close your question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,