indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

when i start the car up firstly the malfunction indicator lamp

Customer Question

when i start the car up firstly the malfunction indicator lamp comes on followed by the vsc trc and vsc off warning light all three stay on whilst driving the car is 03 amazon 4.7 petrol version
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im ok waiting for the correct answer thanks

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Hello Richard,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi Richard .

Sorry we took so long in getting to you ..

What is actually happening with your car is when the engine encounters a malfunction, this will trip on the check engine light and also automatically switch on the other warning lights.
All the lights are amber which means if you have not noticed any driveability issue ,misfiring engine, then you can keep on using your car until you can get it checked at your local repair station ..

You will need to find a good shop that has the needed Toyota diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes.

You may only have a small issue like a speed sensor ,which will cause this problem, as will many other small sensors that your car needs to run affectively.

Not really much more you can do until you have the malfunction codes.

If you can do this and get back to me with the codes then let me know ..

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi i have allready had the computer on at a local garage. It came up with faulty cat convertor but it seems ok to me
Would this cause this malfunction light to come on
Regards richard
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Richard.

Yes it sure would, do you have the code so i can help you better with this issue .

Greg.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi there
The code is po420. Hope this helps
Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hu Richard ..

This code is letting you known the catalytic converter is not doing its job fully and letting too much Co2 out the exhaust , the cat is there to clean the gases ,when it starts to fail the Downstream sensor will pick this up and switch on the check engine light and store a P0420 code .
The Garage will have to monitor the O2 sensors to see if they are working correctly and if yes the catalytic converter will have to be replaced ..

This code will trip the other warning lights on so once the P0420 has been repaired then the other warning lights will go out ..

I suggest you use a OE part (original Toyota part )..

Rgds Greg

indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Justbwondering if it is possible to disconnect the sensors
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi ..

If you disconnect the sensoer then yhou will get a few more codes alongside the P0420 ..

Rgds Greg