Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

hi I have a Toyota corolla auto k reg. the dallas ibutton immobiliser

Customer Question

hi I have a Toyota corolla auto k reg. the dallas ibutton immobiliser fobs are falling apart I can get new fobs but need to know how to add them so they will work
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

IF TEN SECONDS OR MORE ELAPSE BETWEEN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS,YOU WILL NEED TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.PREPARE VEHICLE BY CLOSING AND LOCKING ALL DOORS EXCEPT DRIVER'S DOOR SHOULD BE OPEN AND UNLOCKED.
1)STICK KEY IN AND OUT OF THE IGNITION CYLINDER TWICE WITHOUT TURNING IT.
2)CLOSE AND OPEN DRIVER'S DOOR TWICE ENDING IN OPEN DOOR.
3)STICK KEY IN AND OUT OF THE IGNITION CYLINDER ONCE WITHOUT TURNING IT.
4)CLOSE AND OPEN DRIVER'S DOOR TWICE ENDING IN OPEN DOOR.
5)STICK THE KEY IN THE IGNITION CYLINDER.(DO NOT REMOVE OR TURN KEY)
6)CLOSE DRIVER'S DOOR.
7)TURN THE KEY IN THE IGNITION ON AND OFF TWICE AND REMOVE KEY FROM THE IGNITION.
(AT THIS POINT IF EVERY STEP WAS DONE CORRECTLY,ALL DOORS WILL LOCK AND UNLOCK TWICE TO LET YOU KNOW THE SYSTEM ENTERED THE ADD MODE)
8)PRESS BOTH LOCK AND UNLOCK BUTTONS ON YOUR REMOTE SIMULTANEOUSLY FOR ONE SECOND.
9)WITHIN THREE SECONDS PRESS THE LOCK BUTTON ON YOUR REMOTE FOR ONE SECOND AND RELEASE.
(VEHICLE WILL BEEP TWICE TO LET YOU KNOW IT HAS ACCEPTED THE NEW REMOTE.)
TO EXIT ADD MODE OPEN AND CLOSE DOOR AND TEST REMOTE OPERATION

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike thanks for your assistance but I need to know how to add a dallas ibutton it only operates the immobiliser and has no effect on the doors which operate manually via key in lock, the dallas ibutton looks like a button cell stuck onto a plastic tab, when its touched onto the contacts on the dashboard you hear a beep and the immobiliser is disabled allowing the car to be started. when the ignition is turned off, the immobiliser is re armed after 15secs and the engine can't started until the ibutton has been touched onto the contacts on the dashboard. each new ibutton has its own digital id which needs to be added before the system will recognise the new ibuttons

Ok, I do not have any information on the ibutton,i will opt out and open the question back up.THank you.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm ok to continue to wait

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi please continue until mon night if you have been unable to find an expert that can answer my question by then I will request a refund