Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have toyota yaris 2004 model and all of a sudden when I start

Customer Question

I have toyota yaris 2004 model and all of a sudden when I start the car, it goes to low REF than usual. When the engine gets warmed up, the REFs get better. I have noticed this when I came back from abroad after 1 week.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are having is normally related to the fuel system. Carbon deposits build up in the throttle body and in the intake and slow the fuel delivery to the engine resulting in your issue. What I would suggest as a first step is either a fuel treatment to the fuel or a fuel induction service performed on the vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just driven my car for about an hour and now the problem went even further. When I was stopping with the car, it was vibrating and making like a squeeking noise.

Ok the vehicle is either mis-firing or one of the pulleys for the drive belt is trying to seize. With the engine running look at the belt and pulleys and see if everything is spinning smooth.