Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hybrid system warning light is coming on ?

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

What is the year,make,and model of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2021. Toyota prius, hybrid

The reason this light comes on is the vehicle has set a code in the system. The most common reason this happens is either spark plugs that are in need of replacement or the butterfly valve in the throttle body is restricted with carbon build up. In some cases the ECU is at fault as it has been an issue on this vehicle. The first step is the vehicle needs to be scanned for trouble codes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the hybrid system warning light started coming after I put my gear stick in to B when driving up hill with 4 people in car thinking B was for boosting the speed. by doing this have I done damage to the car. my mobile no. XXXXXXXXXXX it will be a great help to me if I talked directly with you, so I can explain batter
many thanks

The website will not allow me to communicate other than through here. No I don't believe that you have done permanent damage,but the first step is going to have to have the system scanned as a code has been set.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

P 3125 inverter malfunction

Car

There is a technical service bulletin addressing the P3125 mile function code which is an updated HV ECU you would need to determine whether or not your HV ECU is the correct part number and latest software update. Basically the vehicle would need to go to the dealer and have the ECU updated as part of the TSB.