indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

2003 mr2 smt bother. light on in dash, feels like she is not

Customer Question

2003 mr2 smt bother. light on in dash, feels like she is not getting fuel. Loosing power stuck in same gear on dash display. Have to brake her down to change frpm 5 or 6 gear and then take off in 1st again. Tpok her to toyota dealer campsie ni they put her on diagnostic computer and said 3 things found gearbox light, fault code PO715 input shaft revolution sensor. Needed 2 hours time to diagnose further problems locating to wiring, sensor and ECU that cost me 71 pounds and i still dont know whats wrong but they want another 144 pound just to lopk at it. Any help?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can wait until Monday 23rd
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi .

Just to clear what the dealer did ,

They read a P0715 code did they replace the sensor or was the problem with the
wiring to the sensor .
This code P0715 will cause the problem you are having .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They did nothing but wanted another £142 inorder to look further.I took her home.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Okay lets do the following .

On the transmission you will find a sensor ,this is the speed sensors replace this part
after checking the connection and wiring for damaged.

Before replacing the sensor disconect the battery ,then when sensor is replaced connect battery and test drive .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg