Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2008 Lexus LS460. The near side headlight intermittently

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Lexus LS460.

The near side headlight intermittently stops working. It will always light up initially, then will go out after a couple of miles. Simply switching the lights off and back on again restarts it, but it will go off again.

I'm quite keen to resolve this as the rozzers around here aren't in the mood to give warnings these days.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a failing head light switch which is resulting in the problem.I am also a warranty inspector and have inspected this issue on these vehicles before and to correct the issue the switch is to be replaced.