indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

my 2002 mk 5 hilux d4d makes a sound like tappets need adjusting,

Customer Question

my 2002 mk 5 hilux d4d makes a sound like tappets need adjusting, but they have been checked @ ok, could it be a faulty injector? but then the power seems ok, thanks/ken
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Yes you are on the right track it could be the injector that is causing this problem.
All you have to do is let the engine run at idle then one by one open the top fuel feed tube on the injector and listen to the ticking, if the ticking dies down then that is the bad injector, if not check the other three in the same way ,one at a time ,put a rag under the fuel tube to catch fuel .

If you still have a ticking noise then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg

Rgds Greg.