Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, i have a 2001 land cruiser colorado 3.0 d4d auto. Recentley

Customer Question

Hi, i have a 2001 land cruiser colorado 3.0 d4d auto. Recentley when could i have had a couple of instances when it has been very sluggish and underpowered with the occasional small spurt of power like the fuel is contaminated. Both times i have driven for 1/2 mile like this but as soon as i come to a stop and set of again it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is from a fuel restriction.The most common reason for this to happen is either a restricted fuel filter or the throttle body is restricted with carbon debris and is affecting the internal throttle body valve.What I would suggest as a first step is to have a fuel induction service,this service is performed at most garages and cleans the entire fuel system.