Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hello I have a problem with my Toyota aygo semi auto gearbox.

Customer Question

hello I have a problem with my Toyota aygo semi auto gearbox. when you select a gear car sometimes don't drive, on the speedo all gear is ok. I have been to mechanic he check on the computer and no faults was find what can be a problem? thank you
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Sometimes the vehicle will not move?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when you switch of the engine and select a gear sometimes the car does not move, on the dashboard all the gears are showing correct so you must switch of the engine wait 10 minutes and then the car will drive, sometimes when you stop at traffic lights car does not move after wards so you must switch the engine of and and wait 10 mins and the car moves again. sometimes the car drives okay thankyou

Ok,the issue that you are having is consistent with the valve body loosing pressure and the most common reason for this to happen is that the solenoids are starting to stick.What normally causes this problem is debris in the system so the first step is to have the system flushed and filled. If the flush and fill does not solve the issue the solenoids in the valve body will need to be ohm tested.