Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi I have a Toyota yaris 06 model. The inside of all my windows

Customer Question

Hi I have a Toyota yaris 06 model. The inside of all my windows keep steaming up no matter the weather. I have checked all the carpets and there not wet! When it's frosty and I heat the car up the inside of my front window is soaking behind the rear view mirror! Need help!!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

Typically if you've got a condense problem then either there's some trapped water inside the car (take a look under the mats for any dampness) which would indicate you've got water coming inside .
Its possible that the new seals has fixed any more water coming in but you've still got some damp somewhere which until it dries out will produce the condense. Take the mats up and try leaving the car with the windows open to get some fresh air in

Also check inside the boot under the spare wheel for any water.

If the car is dry under the mats then also check that the re-circulation setting on the air heating controls is working and that you can pull fresh air in from the outside.

if the car is fitted with a pollen/ cabin filter then replace this too

If this isn't OK then the dash will have to come apart to fix the flap that controls this aspect.