Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert

I need to find a water pump pulley to fit a toyota water pump

Customer Question

I need to find a water pump pulley to fit a toyota water pump part number XXXXXXXXXX
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE..

Im afraid the system has blotted your part number out with X's... you can see above...

Please give me the part number again - but this time - type a "space" between each digit... that way it will come through..

Too - this part number - is that for the actual pump or pulley ?

Then I can look into this for you -

Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The following part numbers are the part numbers of the water pump.
Toyota 1-6-1-0-0-1-9-2-6-5
This has a cross reference to an AIRTEX part which is the new pump I received. This part number is XXXXX
If it helps. The pulley should be one hundred and twelve (approx) mm in diameter. It has four screws which fix to the pump which are approx thirty six mm apart in a square. The hole in the center of the pulley should be twenty eight mm in diameter to fit over the flange. I hope this helps.

The issue after ordering the pump which I thought was the correct one and fits to the engine ok will not take the original pulley because the four holes are approx forty mm apart in a square.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again..

Thank you for your reply and info... Sorry for the delay but I have been spending quite some time looking for this for you -

Can I just ask further - one point - is the pulley removable from either of the pumps you have - ie, are the removable - held on by bolts or welds?

Also - exactly which make / model car do you need a pump for?

Kind Rgds, MIKE...................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both pulleys are held on top the pump with four screws. The issue is that the screw substances apart in a square are different between the two pumps that's why I need a different pulley to fit my new pump.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Thank you ...

And the car, as above, that its for?

Rgds, MIKE........................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the whole point and the reason I'm having the problem. The toyota engines is in my kit car so I cannot track the part number of the pulley by reference to a particular model, year of manufacture.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there..

Ok Im with you... That does make it difficult yes.

This is likely to be difficult as you may well find you have to get somone / a supplier to physically check the measurements for you for a pulley.

What I do have for you is a link to a company that supplies these - for moddding engines... Take a look HERE... I would suggest make contact with them via their site - and Im sure they will be able to help / supply you.

You could get your Toyota dealer to do the same ( parts dept ) but they dont tend to be so helpful - I wouuld suggest speak with them above..

Let me know how you go -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.................Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

.....You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.