Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my screen on the dashboard that controls the music/aircon,etc

my screen on the dashboard that controls the music/aircon,etc and displays the mpg etc sometimes does not work-the screen is there but you cannt do anything sucj=h as change the aircon settings/audio settings/etc-what can i do to fix.Toyota UK said must get new one for 5000 pounds-
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The circuit board on these units is what fails and causes the issue that you are having, I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue many times and the shop is correct, the only way to fix this issue is to replace the unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks-I guessed as much.I have taken the unit apart a few times and re solder the connections on the board that connect to the plugs-it appears dry joints are the issue.It works-last time was good to go for a few months-just did it again yesterday and its working fine so far.

do you now if i can get the board separately?the whole unit is crazy-5000 odd pounds.any ideas-thanks

Unfortantly the board is only sold with the unit,just a way for the dealer to make someone spend a ton on the whole unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike thanks-I aslo asked about car computer connx-but no response.

My car wont connect to the toyota diagnostics unit-and have also tried a bosch unit-same .I think the port under the bonnet wil connect for limited info but the one under the dash shows nothing-any ideas please

thanks

Normally when this happens it is a loose connection. Check the wires leading to the port then follow them back to the ECU and check the connection there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

changing bushes on all shocks-Landcruisre with height control-I want to change all the bushes-top and bottom on all 4 shocks.Guess will have to re bleed system after ?Is there a proceedure I should follow for the re bushing-appreciate your help thanks.I also want to change all the bushes in the front suspension system-are there any tricks?