Mike
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

We have a prius WL59JYO. It has brake promblems , the brakes

We have a prius WL59JYO. It has brake promblems , the brakes are soft and the red and amber ! show along with ABS triangle. We took to Toyota they replaced the master cylinder. 2 days after getting it back the same problem occured, this time they relaced 2 wheel sensors. Picked it up yesterday drove it 10 miles to discover I had no brakes yet again. It is currently back at the dealership. Can you tell me the problem as obviosly the computer is getting it wrong
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise..

With this issue - all along its looking like a fault with the ABS system unit / pump / software - you need to raise this with them - and get them to be investigating this properly...

Your symptoms all add up to that being the fault here.

You may be interested to know that Toyota issued a recall on the Prius for exactly this issue - and the fix is usually a software update in the Abs computer module. I would raise this with them - see what they say. Even if your particualr car didn't come under the recall ( the VIN has to be checked ) - it doesn't mean yours doesnt' have the same trouble as those that were --- but its worth checking - because should it be the recall issue- repair work is FOC... !

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hiya Mike

Thanks for your info we wondered if the problem was related to the recall. I do not believe that our vin number which is N18732 was subject to this recall, can you confirm? We have spent in excess of £800 on this problemand it is still not fixed. We are wondering if there is anyone in toyota hierarchy in the UK that we could contact if the toyota dealship the car is at continues to not fix the problem? Thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Gayle -

Thank you for your reply.

Strictly, that reg number ( Vin ) is not coming up as being under the recall - but - your symptoms are identical to those that do...so, in view of that ( and the amount you have been charged so far and still its not fixed ! ) - give this number a call as follows:

0800 1 3 8 8 7 4 4

Opening Hours

Mon-Fri: 8.30-18:00

Sat: 9:00-13:00

You need to outline your complaint to them directly - and tell them you want Toyota HQ technical involved with your complaint - and Im sure you will get some progress with this now then...

Again - let me know if you do need anything else - anything I can help you with...Im more than happy to help if I can -

I believe the fault will be found to be as I mentioned before - but you need to get them involved on this for you --

..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

Thank you kindly - and Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert