indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

I have lost the key for my 2007 Toyota auris. I want to sell

Customer Question

I have lost the key for my 2007 Toyota auris. I want to sell it as it is for spares or repair. How can I start the engine without fitting a new lock etc. Dave
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Wow crazy just for locks but that's the dealers for you .

Here is what i suggest you do ,this is how we make money on situations
like yours, where the owner of a car would rather dump it than spent £1300 .

Get in contact with your local locksmith .He will come round and make you a new key and then program it for you ,there is no need to replace all the locks ,now you can sell or keep the car and not lose all that money .do this as i said and this will save you a bucket full of cash .

Here is the locksmith locator for you.

http://www.advanced-locksmiths.co.uk/ukpostcodes/locate.php

Copy and paste the like in your browser ,just let them know you have lost your keys and from there they will sort this little issue out for you.

Please get back to me if you should have any difficulty with this issue .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg.

Toyota have said they can supply a master key for £35 that will open the door but not start the engine. They thought it wouldn't set the alarm off but were not 100% on that. The engine start is push button plus a proximity fob which they can't supply. That's why they said all locks need replacing.

The auto locksmith was very helpful although he's not sure what he can do. He's looking into it for me.

With this further information is there anything else you can think off?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dave

Yes i think the dealer should be able to reprogram a new key ,as your system is in there Toyota data base for giving a new key and programming
Check at Toyota customer service .

Greg