Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, I am in the process of changing over engines on my Toyota

Hi, I am in the process of changing over engines on my Toyota Yaris vvti 1.0l. I have noticed my engine has a three pin cam sensor and the engine which is to be fitted has a two pin cam sensor. I was wondering if i can swop these sensors over successfully?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

they should be compatible

the thing to check is how far the sensor probe sticks out between the 2 pin and 3 pin as if the trigger wheel the sensor is pointing at is in a different place it could run into the sensor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Matt, Just picked up your reply. Both sensors are the same length and when held in place by hand the engine turns over freely . The location and fixing point for these sensors is identical on both engines so the next stage is to carry on with fitting the replacement engine. Many Thanks.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Glad to help

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.
If you don't rate then you can use the cash at a later date to ask another question
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years