indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

engine maintenance light is on and also TRC and VCR warning

engine maintenance light is on and also TRC and VSC warning lights. This is a new problem today.....just spent 1k on a new clutch (Corolla Verso MMT) a few weeks ago. I have a sinking feeling that we are now running into costly repairs...the car is a 54 plate with c.82k on the clock. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Well open another bottle of wine as this may be nothing to bad .

What happens with the Toyota when the check engine light comes on is:

The TRC and VSC warning light will also come on and deactivat them for safety issue .

All you have to do is get the system hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool, that your local repair shop or dealer will have so they can check for malfunction codes.

From the malfunction codes you will then know what has malfunctioned.

For example if the MAF or cam sensor malfunctions this will trip on the check engine light and the TRC , VSC warning lights.

What i suggest you do first as there was a repair done and the system
not reset so disconnect the negative side of the battery (-)Black cable for a few minutes and press on the brake pedal .
Reconnect and test drive ,if the lights stay out then this was just an intermittent malfunction due to last repairs ??
If the lights come back on then you will need to be hooked up and a test conducted.

Need further assistance then please get back to me for further assistance if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg