Mike
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi. My father has just bought an Auris. When he leaves the

Hi. My father has just bought an Auris. When he leaves the car, there appears to be no alarm to advise that you have left your lights on. Is this correct or can we turn on the alarm? Thanks very much indeed.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE.. Im happy to help / advise you -

If you can give me the full reg number of the car - I can check if it has this function or not for you -

The other way to find out is to call the dealer - you would need to give them the VIN of the car and they can check that way for you also.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

It is a Toyota Auris T Spirit hatchback

VIN JTNKD56E301001193

Reg WK07JZV

If possible could you also tell me if there is a way that he can lock his car without the alarm going off (when the dog is left inside)?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, thank you for your reply.

The lights on alarm feature is not switchable. These have a common fault with these whereby they often fail, or work very very quietly. The sounder is located up under the passenger side dash. So try carefully listing there. Either way if quiet or failed, it will have to be replaced . You will need to contact the local dealer either service or parts dept for this as it's a dealer only part.

As regards XXXXX XXXXX issue you raise.. You really need to carefully check the owners manual on this as it's not straight forward. Yours is on a change year ( 07 ) so I can't be fully sure which system you have, so you need to check as above. There should be a valet switch under the steering column that you can used for that purpose, much the same as when you leaved the car for service etc. So you can check that if you are not sure, I have to advise because of the above to check the OM and if that doesn't help , double check with the local dealer. If you have to contact them , be sure to have your VIN with you...again as above, each is different per exact date of build .

Kind rgds, MIKE

.>> >> > ..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert