indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

How long should it take a professional Toyota service agent

Customer Question

How long should it take a professional Toyota service agent to replace the clutch in a RAV 4 T180 2.2 D-4D EST 2006?

What would a reasonable cost be including parts and labour?

I have been quoted £1,344 excl VAT by my local Toyota service agent (dealer) but about £600 by another reputable local garage.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

That's about right for both shops , Dealer labour and parts are expensive.

This is a 9 hr job max, according to book time ,but the techs can do this a lot quicker .but book time (flatrate) is what you will be charged .
A good local shop is around £600 as they said which is a good fair price.

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Greg

I have this afternoon spoken to my local Toyota service agents using the information that you provided me.

When I advised them that I had been told by an expert that the job was a 9 hour maximum (according to book time), I was told in no mean terms that I was seriously misinformed. They estimate, the job will take between 11 and 13 hours and at their charge rate of £80 per hour this equates to £880 to £1080 which makes their labour quote of £970 seem about right. Their parts quote was £384.

The other garage has now adjusted their quote to £1080 including parts and labour but their hourly rate will no doubt be considerably less.

I am now awaiting one more quote.

My question to you is "who is correct"? The Toyota service agents or you?

Your comments will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg

A response would be much appreciated.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Robin .

This is a 9 hr job but when i open up in the morning i will recheck the flatrate labour time for you .

Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, Greg

That will be appreciated.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Hi Robin .

The offical time is 9.20hrs
And if its just the clutch without fly wheel 8.90hrs .
Warrenty time is 3 hrs less.

So the the 11 -XXXXXout .

Rgds Greg