Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

at 92000 I got puffs of white smoke it went back to main dealer

at 92000 I got puffs of white smoke it went back to main dealer they told me that it was a fault code that indicated a injector problem after a couple of it started again it went they said it needed re -mapping it went for a couple of days on came all the warning lights again it went back and because they apparently only have one chap that could possibly sort It needless to say it is still at the main dealers and has been for a week now
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

If the car is standard with no modifications then I don't see how it needs 're-mapping'

the injectors each have to be calibrated and the values fed into the car ECU but other than that no re-programming is required and any injector / diesel specialist can do this task