indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

Hello, I have 2013 Landcruiser. The dashboard shows "Fuel Filter

Hello, I have 2013 Landcruiser. The dashboard shows "Fuel Filter Maintenance Required".
This is my third time I see the sign. I took my car to the garage twice, but, after 2 weeks, It has come again. Is there any fundamental problem, or just laze work of Toyota UK Twickenham? My assistant just called them to pick up urgently to fix it, but, their response was, it takes time to pick my car up.
Despite of this continuous problem, they tell me not to drive for my safety…
Since, I'm Japanese, I chose Toyota, but, I'm seriously thinking of recall the car depending on the problem the car has.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Try the following then please get back to me .

On the filter housing is an electrical connector .

1. Disconnect top plug on filter housing
2. Turn Ignition switch to on, "don't start".
3. plug connector back in
4. Turn Ignition switch to off.
5. Turn Ignition switch back on and start vehicle.
6. info should go out.

Do this then please get back to me ,

If the warning info keeps coming back on then have the diesel system checked for water in the system , remove the filter and drain the fluid and check the fuel for contamination .

If you are still having issue with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad replay button so i can assist you further with this issue, or pass you on to another expert.

Rgds Greg
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician .