indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

I have a 98 landcruiser amazon 4.2 vx active etc etc the

I have a 98 landcruiser amazon 4.2 vx active etc etc
the alarm keeps going off throughout the night for no apparent reason, its driving me mad and all the neighbours. I have turned down the sensor under the gear levers, all air vents, windows & doors are closed. I have changed both batteries and alarm fob battery and Toyota have had it for 2 hours and still not solved it. Can anyone help please. Steve
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Steve,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

OE alarm system or an aftermarket system has been fitted if yes what
make is this alarm.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is factory fitted denso alarm

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

In most cases you need to have the system hooked up to a scan tool to check in live data which door, bonnet or rear door is open .

They may look like they are all closed but if one has a bad switch it will not close the circuit and the alarm system will think someone has opened the door or bonnet.

If there are no warning lights on the instrument panal showing you the doors are ajar
then the problem may be the bonnet switch.

Bonnet switch is the most commone issue on the Land cruiser. the rubber cover on the switch get damaged and will loose contact with the closed bonnet .

Have them check this option if not already checked .

Other known problem is the alarm module ,inside the circuit welds get bad and cause intermittant lose of contact and sets off the alarm.

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

Rgds Greg

Thank you .

Now in
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician .