Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

How do I tighten my hand brake cable ?

Customer Question

How do I tighten my hand brake cable ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

On your vehicle to adjust the hand brake this is done on each of the rear wheel hubs. There is a adjustment screw on each wheel that tightens the brake.